Mogglin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mogglin

Talk about anything here! You can talk about what you like when you like! We should have almost everything!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think about it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

What do you think about it? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 pm

So what do you think about American Culture?
Back to top Go down
https://mogglin.forumotion.com
IonFortuna
Newb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:50 pm

I don't really care for it.
Back to top Go down
http://fifthkazekage.proboards60.com
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:36 pm

IonFortuna wrote:
I don't really care for it.

O.o Is that so? You don't care about it... At all?
Back to top Go down
TrixCerealAddict
Newb
TrixCerealAddict

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Rawrs, first postie in this forum~! Anyways, back to our feelings towards the American Culture Subject. Well, from my point of view we Americans take pretty much everything for granted. Take me as an example.
I am 16 going on 17
I have my own private apartment
I am well fed
I am given money to spend on clothes every few weeks
I have never once gotten into a fight
My parents and siblings are very kind hearted towards me~!
Lastly, I have all nice friends in my High School :]

Yet, besides all of this "I am in my jaded stage" I suppose alongside with many others in that state as well who attend my High School. Almost everybody I know takes the internet, transporation, great weather, entertainment, beautiful landscapes, access to close stores that are convenient, water, and various other things as everyday commodities which could be found around the world. When in reality, you can't find these things everywhere in the world. If you simply took a child from a different situation from anywhere in the world, the child would envy "The cards that I was dealt" and would tell me without hesitation that I should be lucky to have such things. :p So, ill imagine that a child from somewhere else told me this and be glad I have all the stuff I have today~!

- -'' I suppose I got a bit off subject.
Well, the American Culture tags or litters on everything beautiful in Oakland so I don't really like it very much due to all this gang stuffies.
Back to top Go down
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:06 pm

TrixCerealAddict wrote:
Rawrs, first postie in this forum~! Anyways, back to our feelings towards the American Culture Subject. Well, from my point of view we Americans take pretty much everything for granted. Take me as an example.
I am 16 going on 17
I have my own private apartment
I am well fed
I am given money to spend on clothes every few weeks
I have never once gotten into a fight
My parents and siblings are very kind hearted towards me~!
Lastly, I have all nice friends in my High School :]

Yet, besides all of this "I am in my jaded stage" I suppose alongside with many others in that state as well who attend my High School. Almost everybody I know takes the internet, transporation, great weather, entertainment, beautiful landscapes, access to close stores that are convenient, water, and various other things as everyday commodities which could be found around the world. When in reality, you can't find these things everywhere in the world. If you simply took a child from a different situation from anywhere in the world, the child would envy "The cards that I was dealt" and would tell me without hesitation that I should be lucky to have such things. :p So, ill imagine that a child from somewhere else told me this and be glad I have all the stuff I have today~!

- -'' I suppose I got a bit off subject.
Well, the American Culture tags or litters on everything beautiful in Oakland so I don't really like it very much due to all this gang stuffies.

I don't care if you got off topic... That was... Well actually a ver well educated answer to American Cutlure... It showed us we have more than alot of others have and that we really shouldn't take it forgranted...

Everyone!

I would ask if everyone read what Trix said... He has a very good point!

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrixCerealAddict
Newb
TrixCerealAddict

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:40 pm

:p Rawrs, where do you live MazarDante, what is your culture like, do you enjoy living in your country, got any favorite landmarks? I am quite curious to be truthful, because I have never traveled out of the United States yet.
Back to top Go down
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 am

TrixCerealAddict wrote:
:p Rawrs, where do you live MazarDante, what is your culture like, do you enjoy living in your country, got any favorite landmarks? I am quite curious to be truthful, because I have never traveled out of the United States yet.

O.o.. Have I miss lead you? I live in the U.S. but I once lived in Germany when I was just a lil' tike... ^.^;
Back to top Go down
Dragoness
Newb
Dragoness

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:14 am

In my opinion....lazy

Too many teens get their stuff handed to them....like cars, money, clothes....

I think that teens need to work for atleast some of the stuff that they're getting otherwise how in the world are they going to know how to save up for the bigger stuff.
Back to top Go down
TrixCerealAddict
Newb
TrixCerealAddict

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 am

Eh, the amount of laziness in teenagers within the United States of America. I do suppose there is a majority of them, but some teenagers have it quite stressful due to the never ending list of requirements from their parents. Or in some cases when a teenager has to fend for themselves at a young age due to a member or parent of a family who recently became deceased. Not all of them are lazy, heck almost all of my siblings who were lazy in High School were given their own apartments. After they passed High School, finished college, and then did the epic Daughter/Son moving out technique with their Wife or Husband.
Back to top Go down
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:13 am

Dragoness wrote:
In my opinion....lazy

Too many teens get their stuff handed to them....like cars, money, clothes....

I think that teens need to work for atleast some of the stuff that they're getting otherwise how in the world are they going to know how to save up for the bigger stuff.

I have to work for the things I get... They aren't handed to me because unlike most American kids I live in Poverty... So ya... I think kids should work for it... I have to... So who says they shouldn't have to?
Back to top Go down
Dragoness
Newb
Dragoness

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:05 pm

I pretty much lucked out. My dad passed on when I was 7 and my mom had to be the bread winner....Back then we were illegal aliens....now that's the hardest thing to be in this country. But my mom preferred that I study then go to work. Most of my friends were given their first car.....money.....new clothes......I watched enviously as they got what they wanted......Some of my clothes were hand made. But I did my best to stay in style, which was very hard.
Back to top Go down
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Dragoness wrote:
I pretty much lucked out. My dad passed on when I was 7 and my mom had to be the bread winner....Back then we were illegal aliens....now that's the hardest thing to be in this country. But my mom preferred that I study then go to work. Most of my friends were given their first car.....money.....new clothes......I watched enviously as they got what they wanted......Some of my clothes were hand made. But I did my best to stay in style, which was very hard.

Where were you an "alien" from? o.o... I think that must of been a pretty hard life...
Back to top Go down
Dragoness
Newb
Dragoness

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:57 am

I was born in Mexicali, Baja California. But I was brought at the age of 2 1/2. So I went to school here. I became a citizen in 1998. It was cheaper....I paid $95 now they say its up to $600 or more.

The Teens I grew up with were always everything. I so envied them......oh well....life goes on.
Back to top Go down
MazarDante
Admin
MazarDante

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Dragoness wrote:
I was born in Mexicali, Baja California. But I was brought at the age of 2 1/2. So I went to school here. I became a citizen in 1998. It was cheaper....I paid $95 now they say its up to $600 or more.

The Teens I grew up with were always everything. I so envied them......oh well....life goes on.

Wow... that's... Interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it?   What do you think about it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think about it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mogglin :: Mogglins Culture :: American Culture-
Jump to: